If you ask my boyfriend I’m most comfortable laying around on the couch in what he calls my grandma sweater and sweatpants sans make up. But every girl (and guy!) wants to still feel pretty though right?
Well, of course! Here are my favorite products to use so that I can feel confident in my skin and not load up on (too much) make up.
- Fre Skincare. OMG this face wash just after one use created miracles. My skin instantly glowed and the cracked skin on my eyelids from the cold quickly healed. It’s made for people that love to work out and protects your skin from break outs and damages caused from sweating it out. Want to try it out? Use my code CJOY for 20% off your first order!
2. Dry shampoo. Specifically, Batiste dry shampoo. Sweating it out and washing your hair almost everyday will take a number out on your strands. So I really try to only wash my hair when I go swimming because then you really need to get those chemicals out!
3. Burts Bees. I know most people have heard of this and use it, but why change what isn’t broken? Just like my eye lids, my lips crack bad. All year. This stuff is natural and saves lives from unkissable lips 😉
4. Too Faced Natural Eye Palette. I’m terrible with make up, once I realized my white eye shadow phase was not a good look, I kinda gave up. I don’t know how to apply it and I don’t like the overwhelming experience of make up stores. This one is fun because it comes with directions and I don’t look like a clown in these colors!
5. Biotin gummies. But this isn’t a beauty product you tell me? Well, think otherwise! Since I started taking biotin gummies regularly, my nails are stronger and my hair is shiner and grows faster! Easiest beauty regime I’ve ever had!!
This weeks Friday Five Favorites is a special post in honor of Brest Cancer Awareness month. You get to know a little bit more about me and what keeps me inspired on this long sweaty journey called life.
1. Tunes that inspire! When I’m getting my sweat on the 3 songs and podcasts I listen to are: Hall of fame by The Script, Shake it out by Taylor Swift (I’m a not so in the closet fan of T.Swift!) and currently The Paleo women podcast. Since I run so much wireless headphones don’t last very long for me, they fizzle out from all the sweat and the batteries never last long enough for my long runs. I want win a pair of Aftershokz so I can keep getting my sweat on and still be inspired by my favorite tunes!
2. Give back!? Volunteering is something that has always been important to me. I did a lot of it in college, but when I graduated adult life kind of took over. This year I decided I need to change that and if you follow me on Instagram, I started volunteering with Title IX girls running group. I help coach girls ages 9-15 in running and life lessons. We have 3 weeks until the end of season 5k and I love watching these girls become stronger with every step.
3. Self Care. Being healthy doesn’t just mean physically healthy, but mentally and spiritually as well. You all know fitness is an important part of my life (haha I know stating this obvious!!) but I keep myself healthy mentally and spiritually too in ways I don’t often talk about. I have my own sort of meditation that I do every night before I go to bed to help me unwind, I do yoga (probably not as much as I should!) and most importantly I have self love mantras that I tell myself when I start to feel down. I always tell my clients that they can’t just get results by working out, you have to love yourself and take care of yourself first, and results will happen.
4. Inspiring threads! I live in work out clothes, so when it comes to shopping I get more excited about clothes I’m going to get sweaty in over a dress and heels. My favorites you ask? Well for all my triathlon, cycling and running gear it’s Coeur sports! Created by and for women, they inspire me every day to get out there every day and get moving! I also love Reebok, I love that they’re stuff is so cute and versatile that I can go from the gym to dinner in their gear and still look cute!
5. Friends who inspire! This was a tough one for me. Over the past couple years the people I have decided to surround myself with are ones that hold the same vision as I do. They’re out there to inspire and empower women through fitness and make a difference. So I can’t pick just one. But for your viewing pleasure, here are my @bosfitgrls that are just some of the ladies I love being around and watching them inspire everyone around them!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by AfterShokz in an effort to spread awareness about their new Pink Trekz headphones, in partnership with Bright Pink to support and spread awareness around breast cancer awareness. All opinions and words are my own. I truly appreciate all of the brands the support the Sweat Pink community.