This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Fizzique Campaign through my partnership with FitApproach. All opinions are entirely my own.
Introducing the worlds first…Protein water!!
Crazy right? That’s what I first thought when introduced to Fizzique, when I think about protein supplements, I picture huge tubs of powdery sweet stuff that bros chug down post work out. I don’t picture a light refreshing drink that will curb my cravings post work out without the mess and being clumpy.
I was a little skeptical at first because I’ve had some pretty bad reactions to whey protein in the past (think bloated belly and pretty gassy). But the whey protein isolate that is infused into sparkling water via the multi-patented Protein Fizzology doesn’t do that to me! An added plus for me as an endurance athlete, it’s much easier for me to drink post-sweaty run than a protein mix. The taste is light, refreshing and not too sweet.
So here are some fun facts about Fizzque (I just love alliteration!):
- It’s the ONLY sparkling protein water on the market
- It’s the PERFECT drink to help satisfy your hunger between meals or post work out – There are 20 grams of protein and only 80 calories!!
- You can purchase it via Amazon or DrinkFizzique.comUse my code CHRISTINEJOYFIZZIQUE for 10% off your first case!
And for the nutrition side of things:
- Keto Perfect – No Carbs
- Gluten Free
- Low Glycemic
- Lactose Free
- GMO Free
- Caseinate Free
- Soy Free
- Very Low Sodium
- No Colors or Dyes
- No Artificial Preservatives or Flavors
- 45mg of Natural Caffeine per can via coffee extract
- 4,400mg Muscle Energizing BCAAS (natural amino acids found in whey protein)
- Contains: whey protein isolate from milk
Want to hear more? I’ll be Live on Facebook tomorrow night so be sure to like C Joy Fitness on facebook!!!
1.Well-Fed Women (Formerly the Paleo Women Podcast)
This podcast is hosted Noelle Tarr and Stefani Ruper, who are extremely funny and you should expect witty banter (I laugh to myself on my long runs when I listen to it). But don’t let that fool you. They are EXTREMELY smart and well read. They cover topics from empowerment for women by women, health issues that most women don’t want to talk about, fitness and body image. With over 100 episodes there are so many topics that they cover, I’m sure you’ll find something that applies to you.
2. Mind Body Musings by Maddy Mood
I just recently discovered this podcast because I happened upon her instagram and her life experiences really speak to me. She talks a lot about escaping perfectionism and expectations, and stop wasting our lives with overthinking. She does talk a little bit about health and fitness because she comes from the body building world as well, but she really focuses on self care to be the best you.
3. The Body Love Project with Jessi Haggerty
The title of this one says it all. I share the same outlook as her when it comes to diets and body image in the fitness industry. My favorite episodes so far have been “F*ck your fitspo with Sarah Vance” and “Melissa Carmona on Body Image across cultures.” Jessi is real and honest and doesn’t try to sugar coat anything which I can really appreciate.
4. Bigger Pockets
Not really my favorite, but I’m into it because it’s helping me learn about a different way of earning money without really having a traditional job. Can I please retire by 35? K thanks.
5. Case Files
Ok, this is my guilty pleasure. I love shows like CSI and Criminal Minds, but now that I have SUCH a long commute (compared to me 10 minute walk) I don’t have much time for TV. So this supplements that for me! This podcast covers real crimes, solved and unsolved that have happened all over the world. It’s pretty interesting because there are some that were really big in the news and others that I can’t believe that it wasn’t bigger news!
Traveling doesn’t mean that you have to lose sight of your fitness goals.
I’ve run in a lot of really cool places, the beaches of Puerto Rico, the streets of London, wooded trails in North Carolina and many more. I’ve hiked and walked in some great places, too. As a matter of fact, when I travel – my workouts are always pretty interesting. Traveling does bring some challenges because it also forces you to make changes to your normal routine but those changes can actually be really great for your fitness goals. Why? Because it reminds you that fitness can be fun!
Fitness on the go doesn’t have to be stressful or as carefully planned during our every day lives. Plan your work outs into your vacation so that you can really SEE the place you’re in. It can be as easy at putting on your sneakers and exploring or it can take a bit of planning; here are some of ways to fit workouts into your vacation and make them fun:
- Check a map before you go. Know where you’re going to be so that you can plan your walks or workouts ahead. It will also help you plan your day, knowing how long your walk/run will be.
- Check your location for studios – I love hopping into a local yoga class while I’m away
- Ask the concierge. There’s always a fitness-buff on staff, they’ll point you in his/her direction
- Check out the hotel gym, come up with a creative circuit of exercises that are certain to make you sweat. Do it twice.
- If you’re somewhere warm – SWIM. Need I say more?
- Take advantage the landscape around you. Run hills, hike in the woods, walk on the beach. Enjoy your surroundings with the person/people you’ve traveled with!
Nutrition might be a little bit trickier, you’re not always preparing your own food and vacation is generally a time to indulge! I’m not discouraging eating out or having a few drinks, but try not to binge every meal! Here are some tips to eating while traveling:
-Research restaurants and grocery stores
-Use apps like “Healthy Out” to find healthy options
-Find a hotel room with a kitchenette to make simple meals
-Pack snacks like dried fruit, nuts, protein powder and homemade bars
-Pack supplements like vitamins and fish oil
-Pack work out clothes!
Drink Plenty of Water:
-This will help keep you full and curb your appetite